‘Love Learning Together’
King’s Cross Academy is a highly diverse school community. We make all members of our school community feel welcome irrespective of race, colour, creed or impairment. Our vision and values promote equality and tackle discrimination.
The Academy is committed to equal opportunities. Our school:
- Follows a ‘Learning without Limits’ philosophy that resists notions that ability is fixed.
- Offers a choice of learning challenges within a rich and engaging curriculum which takes advantage of the many opportunities available in the King’s Cross environment.
- Responds to children’s diverse needs.
- Overcomes potential barriers to learning and assessment.
- Has high ambitions for our disabled pupils and expects them to participate and achieve in every aspect of school life.
Our equality objectives for the next three years are:
- To promote spiritual, moral, social and cultural development through all appropriate curricular and extra-curricular opportunities. We aim to meet this objective with particular reference to issues of equality and diversity.
- To reduce prejudice and increase understanding of equality through direct teaching across the curriculum.
- To move beyond deterministic notions of fixed ability and to model teaching and learning behaviours that avoid labelling.
- To promote cultural development and understanding through a rich range of experience, both in and beyond the school.
- To prevent prejudice-related bullying in relation to the protected characteristics listed in the Equality Act 2010.
- To tackle prejudice and promote understanding in relation to people with disabilities.
- For all pupils at the Academy to have a firm understanding of deaf awareness and to learn British Sign language to a minimum of level 1.
To access our equal opportunities policy and development plan please click here.